Ferocious power and a never-ending supply of teeth, no not a Great White Shark, but but what is claimed for Infinity’s new Shark PDC Reamer.
The new reamer was born out of a simple concept, to enable a rapid change of cutters onsite, minimising down time. The bottom line for the design was no more sending reamers in for repair or buying new, just fit a new segment and be back up and running in minutes.
Each cutter segment is installed with hand tools, maximising reaming time and minimising cost. Additionally, every segment has the same design, no matter which position on the reamer blade and no matter what size of reamer.
Features of the new reamer include:
- Replaceable cutter segments supplied in kit form with everything users need to replace a segment.
- Cutters are designed to be changed onsite with hand tools
- All cutter segments are interchangeable no matter which position they are required on the blade
- Cutter segments are the same no matter what size of reamer.
- Available in sizes from 14 in to 48 in (350 mm to 1,200 mm)
The Shark PDC Reamer also benefits from its unique design, covered by an international patent with the following benefits:
- Increased penetration rates for faster project completion – up to 5 times faster than conventional methods.
- Reaming up to 12 in (300 mm) extra diameter in 1 pass
- Less stress on the drill rig – lower torque required and less vibration on the rods
- No moving parts for increased reliability
- Clean holes with a consistent size