Bringing together the latest thinking, new ideas, a mix of presenters and a view from those new to the sector – Networks November offers a month of webinars, face-to-face sessions, water dragons and ‘how to’ classes!
It is year two of the initiative that sets out to challenge thinking on all things pipes and sewers! Exploring the latest policies, the latest research, the latest technology and latest ideas, the month will be holding up a mirror to what happens now.
At the end of the month, everyone will come together to set out a vision for the future and what are the game changing recommendations! It is all about future!
Aimed at Pipe specialists, manufacturers, Leakage engineers, Innovators, Researchers, Sewer managers, providers of technologies, those producing the latest models, using AI systems, part of the regulator system, involved in policy making or those new to the sector – all are invited to join the sessions, you are needed!
Outline Session Programme
- 2 November – Online session consisting of Keynote on balancing Net Carbon/WINEP/WRMPs/DWMP and storm water reduction plans; followed by a panel discussion around the same challenges– register here
- 4 November – Face to Face session (in London), bringing together those who are new to the industry (within their first 5 years or so) to discuss experiences, diversity, what the future should look like and more – the session will be led by Future Water’s Emerging Talent Group register here
- 9 November – Online Session – A vision keynote for research ‘Fast Forward 20 years and what should the sector look like in terms of research’ followed by what is the latest research focusing on water mains and sewers; – Register here
- 11 November – Online Session – How can we calculate carbon as part of the ‘Net Carbon Zero’ journey; what does Risk & Resilience mean in terms of our networks? What about the changing climate, how different do we need to think? – Register here
- 16 November – online session – The leakage conundrum; what does the roadmap outline; what does experience tell us; what is happening internationally and what about metering? – Register here
- 18 November – Online session – Customer Side Leakage – what did we discuss at the workshop? What can we do differently and how realistic is supply pipe adoption? – Register here
- 23–24 November – face-to-face sessions at FloodEx show exploring CSO’s and the future; Flooding & Droughts, stormwater management and the drive to rapid water quality systems; SuDs and housing; Register here
- 29 November – face-to-face session (in London) bringing everyone together from across the month to hold a mirror up to how we manage networks, asking the daunting questions and set out what ‘game changers’ need to happen to make real change in the way networks are managed join us in London – register here
Across the month there will hopefully be some live demos of work in action! Keep checking back for more information on these sessions!
There is a great group of people from across the sector who will be giving their views on what is good, what is challenging and what needs to change.
Across the months there will be the opportunity to hear speakers from:
- Anglian Water
- Bath University
- Leeds University
- Isle utilities
- SES Water
- University College Dublin
- University College London
- Barret Homes
- Sheffield University
and from many utilities, regulators and the Met Office.